I thought this was really cute. It’s a video from Blimey Cow’s Messy Mondays on top myths about homeschooling. It seems like a common discussion that homeschooling families feel an obligation to defend or explain themselves to the “outside world”, either directly or indirectly.
My kids have had nearly every different kinds of schooling experiences, 1) Public School, 2) Online School and 3) Homeschool. Looking back, I wish we had always homeschooled, or that I had started sooner. My kids both dance to the beat of a different drummer. They definitely enjoy homeschooling and the amazing friends and experiences they have had.
This lively kid’s 7 lies are:
7. Homeschoolers are really sheltered
6. All homeschoolers go to church 7 days a week
5. Homeschoolers don’t actually do school
4. It’s impossible for homeschoolers to have friends
3. Homeschoolers are really shy
2. Homeschoolers have no lives
1. Homeschoolers do school in their pajamas
What are the myths that you find yourself “busting” as a homeschool family? Leave us a comment below.