The rules for the award:
1. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
5. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
Our 11 random facts:
1. All of us at Outside the Box Homeschoolers blog are new to homeschooling.
2. We like to play games with our kids as part of their learning.
3. We did not know each other before homeschooling our kids.
4. Nellie loves crafts and is super frugal!
5. Allie is great at finding free learning opportunities online.
6. Krysten loves to plan outings.
7. We are all huge (proud) library nerds.
8. We look forward to Tuesdays as much as the kids do!
9. All of our husbands work in technology in some way.
10. We don’t all live in Somerset.
11. We all love having new friends join us at our Stay & Play group.
Our responses to the questions Beautifully Renewed gave us:
1. What is your favorite book?
Krysten: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Allie: The Smartest Girl in the Room by Deborah Nam Krane (I had the pleasure of reading the manuscript and its due to be published soon!!!!)
Nellie: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2. Favorite subject in school?
Allie: Didn’t have one in grade school but Anatomy and Physiology in College.
3. Favorite holiday?
Allie: Used to be Christmas but now I dislike how commercial it is. I prefer to make any day I feel like be a holiday and do special things with the family.
4. Do you prefer doing math or art?
Krysten: Definitely art.
Nellie: That’s tough, I like math and art, and since much of my art deals with math and measurements I say both.
5. What do you like on pizza?
Krysten: All the veggies!
Allie: Hard to find a good Gluten free Pizza but I did like Pepperoni & Onions or Ham and Pineapple
Nellie: Spinach and carrot
6. What is your favorite movie quote?
Krysten: “So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Allie: don’t have one
Nellie: “Weave me the sunshine out of the falling rain” – Puff the Magic Dragon
7. Did you come from a big or small family?
Krysten: Average sized immediate family, large extended family
Allie: small immediate, large extended
8. What is your favorite color?
Allie: Used to be blue, Cranberry is my favorite color as an adult
9. If you had one completely free day.. what would you do?
Krysten: Spend time with my kids and husband, preferably at the beach, and eat something fabulous.
Allie: I can’t imagine a completely free day and I’d probably go stir crazy so I’m glad to never be totally free. I love having my kids around to go on adventures with or just hang out together.
Nellie: Sew, paint, refinish furniture, etc.; basically anything that allows me to be messy and creative.
10. Favorite fruit?
11. Favorite song?
Krysten: Norah Jones, “Seven Years”
Allie: Anything Bare Naked Ladies or Smooth Jazz
Nellie: Tom Waits, “Downtown Train”
Our questions to the nominees:
1. What is your favorite table top game or video game?
2. What is your favorite quote?
3. Dogs or cats?
4. Who is your favorite artist or art style?
5. What is your favorite family outing or memory?
6. What is your favorite Olympic sport, and why?
7. Are you a “planner” or are you more “spontaneous?”
8. If you had just one wish, what would it be?
9. What is at the top of your “bucket list”?
10. Name something you have always wanted to learn?
11. What is your favorite “guilty pleasure”?
Thanks again to Beautifully Renewed for bestowing this honor upon us. We hope you have gotten to know us a little better, and we’re looking forward to seeing what our nominees answer!
Krysten, Allie & Nellie
Outside the Box Homeschoolers