Ladies- This is what we had today at Outside the Box and they were GOOD for you and TASTY TOO!
Adapted from a recipe book to suit our taste: YUMMO! (we didn’t have slow cooked oats the day we made them so we used 2 packages of maple& brown sugar instant oatmeal and used less brown sugar- adapt to suit your needs!)
- 1 c firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 C Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz mini-semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tspn ground cinnamon
2. In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter and chickpeas on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, then the chocolate chips.
5. Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake until the cookies are golden brown and just set, 11 – 13 minutes; do not overbake. Transfer to a rack to cool.
6. Store in a container for up to 3 days.