Do you love running tabletop adventures for your friends? Would you like to make money doing the thing you love?
Mastermind Adventures is seeking diverse and experienced GMs for their GM for Hire Team. Candidates should have some experience running tabletop RPGs, be confident storytellers and enthusiastic creatives. NOTE: ALL GAMES AND PROGRAMS WILL BE VIRTUAL UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
As part of the Mastermind Adventures GM for Hire Team, you may set up a profile on our system with your availability and favorite game systems and also define the ages you want to work with. You receive a community of support from other Game Masters, professional development training, access to software platforms, a resource library, promotion and advertising and (if you wish) other opportunities to increase your paid hours with corporate team-building events, library and community events or birthday parties.
As a Mastermind Adventures GM for Hire, you will be expected to conduct yourself with professionalism at all times. We value diversity and respect and expect our employees to behave accordingly in regard to customers and co-workers.
Hourly rate negotiable starting at $15/hour, commensurate with experience and quality of work. Mastermind Adventures covers some planning time for GMs in addition to hours in-game.
- GMing for tabletop RPGs
- Theater arts or other performance experience
- Customer Service
- Creative Writing
- Table Management
- Software: Roll20, Zoom, Discord
- (for some) experience working with kids
- working in a startup environment
- Table management
- Solution oriented
- Ability to instruct
- Clear communication
Hardware / Software
- Must have reliable computer hardware and internet
- Experience with Roll20 is helpful
- Experience with Discord is helpful
- Experience with Zoom is helpful
- Experience with Twitch is helpful
We have zero tolerance for:
- intimidating or disruptive behavior
- offensive verbal comments
- physical assault and/or battery
- bullying / pranking
- inappropriate / unwelcome physical contact
in relation to, but not limited to:
- race / color / national origin / citizenship / religion
- gender / identity / presentation
- appearance / body size / age
Other items of note
If hired you will be asked to submit to a background check.
After your first interview, if asked to continue, you will be asked to submit a 5 minute video of you GMing a game. The video can be from a live game or from a virtual platform.